Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience:  20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.

How do I get sound back on my Toshiba LCD tv

How do I get sound back on my Toshiba LCD tv?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 2 years ago.

Anthony's TV :

Hello JA Customer I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business

Anthony's TV :

Did you check the menu under audio or theatre settings

Anthony's TV :

make sure speakers are turned on?

Customer:

yes, when I turned on the TV this morning there was no sound. I tried other input sources such as dvd and antenna and also no sound. Subsequently I tried audio out and there is onyl audio out in 'fixed' out the variable out doesn't work, just like the tv's internal speakers

Anthony's TV :

OK HOLD ON

Anthony's TV :

Try this press MUTE MUTE MUTE on the remote on the third MUTE press MENU on the tv at the same time

Anthony's TV :

you should see a S

Customer:

doesn'r seem to work as described

Customer:

this set has a 'half mute' and all I get when doing this is get the mute cycle of half, full mute, no mute then the menu appears

Customer:

no 'S' as your sequence suggests

Anthony's TV :

you are not doing it right

Anthony's TV :

the third time is when you push menu on the tv

Anthony's TV :

as you are pushing the mute on the remote

Customer:

I am doing it as you wrote. Mute mute mute then menu just as described. I shall try again

Customer:

Mute mute and menumute

Anthony's TV :

press the mute first and hold it then press menu while holding mute

Anthony's TV :

Mute Mute Mute (and that the critical one)

Anthony's TV :

you have the original toshiba remote?

Customer:

yes I am using the original controller and following your instructions to the letter and it doesn't work as described

Anthony's TV :

1. ENTERING SERVICE MODE
MUTE
S
(Service mode display)
3) While pressing the MUTE button,
press MENU button on TV set.
2) Press MUTE button
again and keep pressing.
1) Press MUTE button twice
on Remote Control.

Anthony's TV :

Right from the manaul

Customer:

menu on tv set may be the answer got the 's'

Anthony's TV :

ok press menu again

Customer:

all i get is the menu and the s

Anthony's TV :

menu on the tv

Customer:

now i have something that looks like a diagnostic screen it says rcut addr date binary under that it says "224dh 00h 00000000b"

Anthony's TV :

press 9 on the remote

Anthony's TV :

?

Customer:

what do you want to know? when i pressed 9, a new screen popped up that says "self check" on th top and then firmware, time, bus line, bus cont, block and dlp and it gives details on each line

Anthony's TV :

read me everything you see

Customer:

time: 022508{lamp:023547}

Customer:

bus line: OK

Customer:

bus cont: (red) msp4440g{84h}

Anthony's TV :

thats a problem

Anthony's TV :

keep going

Customer:

block: uv v1 v2 v3 v4 (in white) v5 v6 v7 pc

Anthony's TV :

Set ID?\

Anthony's TV :

E2P Ver?

Anthony's TV :

OPT1 OPT 2?

Customer:

non of that is present on the screen??????

Anthony's TV :

Realy....

Anthony's TV :

have you unplugged the tv yet?

Anthony's TV :

your communications buss is not responding

Customer:

is there an easy fix for that?

Anthony's TV :

have you unplugged the tv?

Customer:

would you like me to try unplugging it now even though nothing happened earlier when I tried that?

Anthony's TV :

so you did try that?

Customer:

yes I tried that before contcting you

Anthony's TV :

ok you can try again otherwise you have a bad main board

Anthony's TV :

the communications buffer has failed and its not talking to the audio chip

Anthony's TV :

that is why you have no sound

Customer:

so $$$$$$$$$$$$ if unplugging doesn't work? why is tyhe fixed out for audio functioning then?

Anthony's TV :

also not reading the options folder

Anthony's TV :

becuase fixed out

Anthony's TV :

is just that

Anthony's TV :

it does not go through any audio processing

Anthony's TV :

you are actually very lucky you can still use the tv at all

Anthony's TV :

msp4440g{84h} This is the IC that has failed and the memory location of the failure

Anthony's TV :

Replace the main board if you cant get that chip to communicate

Customer:

okay well I guess we've reached an end to this issue I will use the audio out and live with that for awhile

Anthony's TV :

Yeah i would too...

Anthony's TV :

Thanks for using JA

Anthony's TV :

Please "Accept" If i have helped you and have a great day

Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience: 20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.