Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.

Hello my Hitachi 32PD7800TA TV will not power up. There is

Hello my Hitachi 32PD7800TA TV will not power up. There is no power indicator light showing on the front, and I checked the lead to make sure that it worked on another appliance. It was working perfectly until 2 days ago.
Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

Are you seeing any signs of life at all? Sights or sounds? Front panel LEDs? Fans spinning? Or totally dead?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello Dan, no life at all. No fan, no LEDs , no sounds, just totally dead. It has never been moved, dropped or damaged in any way.Regards Harley
Please read this whole post. If you have more questions afterward, just ask. Once you're satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback about our conversation, please click the green "Accept" button (that's how I get paid). Thanks!

Be sure the outlet is hot, and that you're connecting the TV straight to it... no power strip. Also be sure the power cord is snug in both receptacles (TV and wall outlet). If your issue persists, this is 1 of 3 things... a faulty power cord, the line fuse, or the power supply board.

If you have some skills and tools, use an ohmmeter to measure the cord A to XXXXX to B, and C to C... make sure each is zero ohms. A to B, etc. should be infinite ohms. If not, replace the cord. Also be sure it's snug in the receptacles.

If the cord is good, check the fuse.. it's on the power board which will be the first circuit card you run into while tracing the input power cable. You'll need to remove the TV's rear panel first. A good fuse should measure zero ohms.

If the fuse is fine (or if replacing the bad fuse didn't help), replace the power board. You can get a new one from

If you'd rather not try this stuff yourself, feel free to post back with your zip code and I'll see if I can find an authorized tech near you, ok?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello Dan, I have pulled the back off and checked the fuse. It checks out OK. is the next move to buy a power board? If it is do you know whereabouts in Australia I can buy one from. Regards Harley

The best move here would be to use an ohmmeter to verify the cable. Or if it's a "standard" type cable you can swap it with another device in the house. I doubt the cable is the issue, but it's so easy to check it should be the next step. Once that has been verified good, you should move on to that power supply board.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have checked the cable an it is supplying 240 volts to the TV. regards Harley
Great... so it's either the line fuse, or the power supply board. The fuse should be on the power board... just trace the mains to it, inside the TV obviously. If the fuse is fine or if replacing an open fuse didn't help, replace that power supply board.