TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

THE SOUND ON 46 VIZIO TV, GOES UP AND DOWN, OFF AND ON BY

Customer Question

THE SOUND ON 46" VIZIO TV, GOES UP AND DOWN, OFF AND ON BY ITSELF. TRIED TO ADJUST IT OURSELVES TO NO AVAIL.
WE HAVE DISH NETWORK, HUSBAND THINKS IT'S THE TV AND NOT THE RECEIVER.
WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST?
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

For starters, unplug the TV and the Dish network box's power cords for a full 5 minutes to reset both micros. Plug them back in, wait for the box to reboot and check your sound.

If it's still floating up and down, depending on your TV model, you may have the Audio Leveler on your TV set turned on, and it needs to be turned off.

That's a common issue causing the volume to go up and down while watching TV.

I can verify if you have that feature, if you can get the MODEL number off the sticker on the back of the TV. While you are there, also get the Serial number. That's needed if parts need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Md # E470VA, Volume does not go up and down, it shuts off. No sound, this happens after about 10-20 after tv is turned on, we have duel connection receiver(dish network), other tv on same channel is not affected.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

Ok, that model had several main boards used during manufacture, and so the part can only be replaced if we know which main board was used during manufacture...

Remove the rear cover by laying the TV face down on a blanketed table. Remove all the screws around the outer edge of the TV set, remove the stand, and remove the screws located between the TV's input jacks. You should be able to remove the cover.

Then look at the board that has all the input jacks on it. There are some white paper tags on it. The number you see on that tag will partially match this list of numbers for the main board, get that number and I can look up the part number you need, ok?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Here's the list of numbers to compare it with --

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Get back with me and give me the number you find that matches.