Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience:  20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.

my sharp aquos wont change channels. it is stuck on a digital

my sharp aquos won't change channels. it is stuck on a digital channel that is programmed before i moved and won't respond to either the remote or the buttons on the tv. when i turn it on it just shows the channel in the top right corner like normal and then goes blank
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 2 years ago.

Anthony's TV :

Hello JA Customer I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business

Anthony's TV :

Try this Press Vol Down and Channel UP while you are plugging it in hols these buttons

Anthony's TV :

on the tv

Customer:

okay ill try

Customer:

nothing changed

Customer:

it turned on and the channel was at the top right corner like always

Anthony's TV :

ok try vol up and ch up

Customer:

ok

Anthony's TV :

while plugging it in

Customer:

yeah just did it and once again same thing

Anthony's TV :

not good

Anthony's TV :

take the back off see if you see a reset button on the main board

Anthony's TV :

if not

Anthony's TV :

you will need to repalce the main board

Customer:

yeah ive already looked all over the back and no reset button

Anthony's TV :

inside?

Customer:

o not inside just on the back

Customer:

so i would need to take off the back cover and look then?

Anthony's TV :

look inside

Customer:

okay

Anthony's TV :

the other option that comes to mind

Anthony's TV :

Can you back to where you were picking up that channel?

Customer:

i will in a few weeks

Anthony's TV :

hook the tv back up

Anthony's TV :

hopefuly it will lock on the channel

Anthony's TV :

then once you get control of the tv

Anthony's TV :

tune to a ANALOG channel

Anthony's TV :

then unhook the cable

Customer:

okay

Anthony's TV :

and do a ch search with no antenna

Customer:

okay

Anthony's TV :

this will clear that nasty channel

Anthony's TV :

maybe...

Customer:

its done this twice before and somehow it usually corrects itself

Customer:

but its taXXXXX XXXXXer than it usually does

Anthony's TV :

itd looking for the digital channel

Customer:

right and when its searching it won't respond to anything?

Anthony's TV :

locks it right up

Anthony's TV :

poor software design

Customer:

very poor

Customer:

is there not a way to reset it other than looking on the main board

Anthony's TV :

we tried

Customer:

o gotcha

Customer:

well when i plugged it in the second time holding the vol up and chan up it wouldn't turn on until i also pushed the power button should i just hold those two buttons until it turns or will it?

Anthony's TV :

keep trying you got nothing to loose

Customer:

ha thanks

Anthony's TV :

if you cant reset it you will be changing the board

Anthony's TV :

Good Luck

Customer:

thanks

Anthony's TV :

Thanks for using JA

Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience: 20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.