Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
10191312

I purchased a westinghouse tv LD-3260 2 months ago and all

Customer Question

I purchased a westinghouse tv LD-3260 2 months ago and all of a sudden the picture is going in and out until all reception is lost but the sound is fine. I turn it off and it will be fine for a while and then the problem continues. It happens also while playing video games and dvds. I do own a cable box so it is not antenae issues.
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 3 years ago.

Hello [Sir/Ms], My name is Rick and Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem,

tell me if this happens on all inputs such as a dvd player going straight to the tv?

please answer all questions

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes

unfortunately there is no quick fix for this problem. your back light supply is failing

This is a very simple approach.

(Please click on high lighted words)

If too technical cost for repair is around 1-150.00

demo of inverter replacement..

First make sure to hit the menu button on the TV's remote while the screen is black, and if you have sound, and nothing is there then friend while the set is on turn a bright flashlight on and shine at angle into the set push the TV menu button if you can see a image then your back light is not working. You can also check the transformers they are close to were the wires plug into the panel, make sure all transformers read the same amount of resistance if not you have found a bad one. Now you will have to check to see if the power supply is sending 24v to the back light, if not the power supply is bad. Cost back lights around 150.00 and power supplies around 100.00. Well this should help you friend.

Here is a link to better understand the

inverter. Within the power supply the capacitors

let me know if there is anything else I can do for you!

If you have more questions please ask if not satisfied!

Only accept an answer when you are totally satisfied and willing to leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs even if the tv is repaired now or needs to go to the shop then please press the "accept" button. you can always reply back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's not black. It begins to scramble until it most of the screen is gone. There is perfect sound during the whole period. I've checked the cables. I've unplugged everyting. sometimes four hours it works perfectly. Then it will begin to scramble consisitently for a long period. It's two months old. A bad tv?

WOW THIS IS VERY NEW,, WELL IF IT DOES THIS WITH A DVD PLAYER GOING TO IT,, THEN IT HAS A BAD t-CONN BOARD,,,YOU SHOULD RETURN BEFORE 90DAYS ARE UP

Please let me know if you want to try this yourself, or if there is anything else I can do for you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I guess I don't understand this process. You gave me nothing more than what was obvious and that is to bring the television back which I intend to you. If that is justified for taking $28 dollars from me than I guess reply back to me and I will accept your answer.
ITS UNDERSTANDABLE IF YOU DONT ACCEPT MY ANSWER,, B UT THE TV PROBABLY HAS THE PROBLEM,, AND I THINK THIS IS WHAT YOU WERE NOT SURE OF