Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a pioneer PDP 505CMX. It gives me a warning Speaker

Customer Question

I have a pioneer PDP 505CMX. It gives me a warning "Speaker NG, shutting down (05)". WHat is wrong with my display and what needs to be done to fix it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

There are a few things that can cause this... first you should disconnect the power cable for at least 30 minutes, then plug it back in and see what happens. This will allow internal voltages to discharge. We'll go from there.

Should the issue persist, are you going to attempt repair yourself? Do you have any experience? Can you solder?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I saw on the internet that it may be an IC LA4625. I will replace if it is simple or I'll send to Pioneer repair or equivalent Electronics repair shop.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
If you have soldering experience, and can use a multimeter... then yes, you can replace the audio IC. Is this something you have experience with?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have a Fluke multimeter and I can solder. If you provide me with a detailed instruction, I'll try to replace it on my own.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I waited approximately 45 minutes, then plugged the display back in to AC source. Unit operated for a few minutes, them shut down with the same error.