PramitP
PramitP, Technician
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University

white line going down the middle of my jvc tv screen

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  PramitP replied 3 years ago.

PramitP :

Hello, Welcome to Justanswer.

PramitP :

Welcome to Justanswer. Before I start please answer a few questions.

Does it happen while playing DVDs or using any other input?

How old is the set?

Regards,
Pramit

PramitP :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be glad to help you out.

PramitP :

Can you tell me how old the TV is and since when are you having this problem?

Customer:

just the tv. the set is about 18 months old. problems started 3 or 4 hours ago

PramitP :

Do you still have warranty on the TV ?

Customer:

I cant find it.

PramitP :

No problem. Have you tried using any other input source like a DVD player.

PramitP :

Try check other inputs(composite, component etc). Let me know if the line stays, regardless of which input you use.

Customer:

the dvd player is part of the tv, it is on the side of it

PramitP :

Does the line remain while playing DVD?

PramitP :

Ok, have you tried using it. Does the white line appear while playing DVDs too?

Customer:

havent tried that

PramitP :

Kindly try and let me know.

PramitP :

Can you please try that out? Also try out one more thing. Press the Menu button on the remote and get the on screen menu on the TV. Let me know if you see the line there too.

Customer:

it is still there on the dvd use. will try the other

PramitP :

ok try it and let me know.

Customer:

still there

PramitP :

Hmm, I have bad news for you then.

PramitP :

Your panel itself is going bad.

Customer:

thought you might have ha ha

Customer:

oh so it is goodbye to the tv then!!

PramitP :

With other input? If you pull up the on-screen menu, does the line remain on the screen?

PramitP :

You can continue using it as long as possible if you can manage. Else the only way around it is to get the panel changed. The cost of that including service is more than the cost of the TV. So getting a new one will be wiser.

PramitP :

Just try finding your warranty documents in case you got extended warranty on the set by chance. In that case the repair will be free.

Customer:

thank you for your help it was worth a try. I will hunt that doc down.

PramitP :

You are welcome.

PramitP :

If you have any other queries then I would be glad to assist you further.

Please click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if you are SATISFIED with my help. Before leaving a negative feedback, give me one more chance to help you further.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are greatly appreciated!!

PramitP :

PramitP, Technician
Experience: Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
Expert:  PramitP replied 3 years ago.
The biggest problem could be a faulty panel. If it is the panel then you better buy a new TV. You can call JVC Customer Support and ask the representative to transfer your call to the supervisor. You'll have to persuade a bit. Tell him that you've been a loyal customer to JVC and now this has happened. If they won't consider your case you would never buy JVC product again and would never recommend anyone either. Usually most companies give a fair concession on the panel if it is pre-mature failure or else, they might figure out a decent amount of concession for you if you consider replacing your set with a newer one.