Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

My Hitachi Ultravison rear projection TV will not turn on.

My Hitachi Ultravison rear projection TV will not turn on. The problem occurred suddenly and there was no indication beforehand. Power is on at the wall plug and the unit is plugged in.

Any suggestions?
Thanks for using JustAnswer

If you could just answer the below info requests please this will help me a lot thanks!

Do you have any lights at all in the front of the set please?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no, the little red light (third from left) briefly flashed once but will not come on now

We have had many issues causing shutdown on this set and I can tell you the set does have internal failure which would need to be investigated causes vary from D915 short circuit to Q606/D604/E991/E994/I908/Q908E996/D703/D704 and so on

You need to remember the set was first manuf in 1996 and thats a long time for a set to run that was only initially designed for a 5 or 6 year envelope so its a real credit that they have run on for so long however the boards will be brittle with the heat and many components will be hanging in there, so just moving the boards to investigate this fault could bring on a host of many new faults

If you want to carry on with repairs let me know but you should consider newer technology now as you could be putting money into repairs that won't last