Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert in the main

no remotes work on my 48 Vizio TV. Reset tv.. All batteries

Customer Question

no remotes work on my 48" Vizio TV. Reset tv.. All batteries are good. No obstructions
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 3 years ago.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for using JustAnswer

If you could just answer the below info requests please this will help me a lot thanks!

I will need the model number of the set found on the back please?

So you have other remotes that work the vizio, did they all stop working at the same time please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes they all stopped working at the same time..direct tv. and the vizio remote

OK please just check the sets own remote (the vizio) by pointing it at a digital or cellphone camera look through the viewfinder at the remote and press a button you should see a glow from the remote "eye"

Let me know about this to confirm for sure that the remote is indeed working

I need to reply with an answer "accept" but we move on if this is ok

Anthony
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience: 20+ years experience TV expert in the main
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
remotes still not working!!!
Hello

So I guess you checked the remote through a digital/cellphone camera and the original remote is working?

If that is the case the reciever "eye" inside the set isn't receiving signals probably because its dry jointed on the board, the set will need the back to come off access gained to the receiver board and a blanket solder of the connections on the board carried out as they can get dry on this board do you think you can do this?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just walk me through it...I'll give it a shot

Hi

Well thats not easy to do
You do need initiative to do this and have a degree of practical ability

What you need to do is remove the back of the TV set gain access to the receiver board (little board in front of set with the eye on)get this board out usually one plug goes to it but could be two, flip it over and resolder all the connections on the board including the receiver "eye" connections then replace and re-try the remote control

I must stress though you must confirm that the remote is working as I outlined above

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I checked all the remotes and saw the glow in each of them

Hi

Thats fine now carry on with that other work
Let me know if you have trouble but its very easy to spot the receiver board its smack in the front of the set and has the distinctive "eye" on it

Anthony