Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

Need remote control device code for Sylvania LD320SSX TV.

Need remote control device code for Sylvania LD320SSX TV. Published codes do not work and code scan does not work.
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What kind of remote are you trying to program to the tv?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's a Dish Networks remote 5.3 IR EchoStar Tech made for the TV1 for a DVR Dish receiver. Does that help?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
What model receiver do you have?

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
VIP722 DVR
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
None of the following codes work?

506, 520, 527, 529, 536,
559, 566, 567, 568, 569,
618, 621, 627, 646, 654,
656, 668, 672, 674, 679,
694, 723, 724, 733, 756,
761, 764, 767 777, 792,
818, 829, 838, 839, 841,
846, 888, 897

Let me know.

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can't move this darned Reply to Expert box out of the way so I can read your response!
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
Can you see it now that you replied?

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry and I hope I don't cut you off by doing this but I really want to see your answer but next time this box that asks me if I'm satisfied with your answer, I'm going to
x out of it so I can see your answer.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
Let me know if you cant see it still.

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I still couldn't see your answer but before I send you this email I'm going to scroll back and check the codes you gave me. ................. OK. I've written down and will try the codes you gave me, which, obviously will take a while. I've notice a couple of things though. A few of them are the same as the published ones (already tried) and the remote itself when I tested what the accepted range of codes it would take were was 500-799. I assumed that meant that it wouldn't take any codes less than 500 or more than 799 but realize that might not mean there are some individual codes beyond 799 that might work. At any rate. How can I get hold of you once I've tested these codes to let you know if they worked?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
To get back to me you can login to just answer.com and click on the my questions link in the top right, then click on this question and post a response.

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will do. Thanks and wish me luck. My name is XXXXX XXXXX when I respond. :)
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
Ok sounds good!

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tim, I tried all the codes you sent and none of them work. Some of them the remote doesn't even have in it's memory. Any other ideas. This has been a long and frustrating journey through TV/Satellite hell. Instead of making our TV experiences better, the industry seems to have made them worse. Sometimes less is more. Anyway, any other ideas? Thanks.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
Looks like you have the same problem as I do...I have ATT but the same principle applies...unfortunately these remote makers cannot keep up with all the different brands and models that are coming out and sometimes there are just no codes to make it work. I have the same problem in my girls room, they are forced to use one remote for the tv volume and on/off functions and one remote for the cable. I am sorry to bring you bad news, but I have researched it and there is no other codes for this that I can find.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tim, I know it's not your fault that you couldn't get me an answer that worked and that you worked hard to try to get one but my understanding of this site was that if I didn't get the answer I needed (that worked) I didn't have to pay. Not trying to be a penny pincher but given the status of our financial situation (and supporting MY 2 girls, one who will start college in the fall :0 ) am I to still "accept the answer" (which is the only button I'm offered and pay the $48 or what?

Laura

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
No do not press the accept button if you wish not to pay.

Sorry that you are not satisified.

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just out of curiosity, do YOU get the money if I pay?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
I am not exactly allowed to discuss what money goes where with customers. But I do not make money if customers do not accept. But again, please if you are not satisified and feel you do not want to pay, please do not press the accept button.

Tim
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.