Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.

My moms Olevia TV speakers stopped working and the Head phone

Customer Question

My mom's Olevia TV speakers stopped working and the Head phone jack doesn't work there a sound chip or component that controls these things and can it be replaced..and what would it cost to replace it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.

Hi. I'm Steve. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

Is there a chance you could find me the full model number of the TV? It will be on the back somewhere.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok..just a sec while I check.thx.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.
Ok. I'll be here.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's tough to are a couple of numbers that are listed on the back:
FM1-03700E-S10 or MLO-0000157000...The other is a serial number S/N VDLK16100343. I hope this helps.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.

Ok. The audio circuits are on the main board which is part number SC0-P519201GMI4

Good luck finding one as I have been unsuccessful.

They occasionally show up on sites like for about $150.

The board is easy to change out.

Just ask if you need more help on this issue. I will be here.

If you don't, please click ACCEPT to help my rating on 'Just Answer' and please leave positive feedback. If you do not plan to leave positive feedback, please do not click accept but instead, tell me how I can improve on my answer. Bonuses are a bonus!

Thanks very much.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I see...if I were to find one...where is the main board located and where on the main board is the sound circuit located....Are you saying then, that the problem is with the sound circuit board then?
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.

On this TV, one board has all the circuitry except for the power supply circuits.

It is an extremely complex board using surface mount technology, repair is seldom an option.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm not sure what surface mount Technology is but the TV is only 4 years old and paid over $1,200.00 for it...When you say that repair is seldom an option, are you saying that the TV would have to be replaced, i.e., buy another one?..Also, are there manuals available that would show where the sound circuit is located? Apparently, when the power went out, it gave a high pitched electronic squeal followed by a pop..and then after the power came on the sound didn't you think it would be the speakers themselves or the circuit board...I'm assuming board, if the headphone jack doesn't work either..what do you say?
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.

It's the main board. It needs to be replaced - it cannot be repaired. The audio circuit has failed. It cannot be isolated an repaired.

The Main board is pretty easy to ID. There are only two boards in the TV, the power supply and the main board.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I you're saying that the audio circuit on the board cannot be replaced or fixed and one has to replace the entire board, which costs approx. $150.00 if you can find one? Okay...the next question, is where is the board located, on the back left/right or centre...and does the entire back come off in order to perform such a task?
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.

Yes, the whole back comes off. You will see two large boards (10"x10" approx) The power supply is a beige/brown board with a couple of heatsinks and the power cord going to it. The Main is the large green board that has the external connections mounted to it.

You can't miss it.