Erin
Erin, LCD FA Engineer
Experience:  2 yrs of LCD & Backlight also 20yrs of Computer experience & troubleshooting PCB's to components
49624091

what size screws are needed to secure the tv to the stand for

Customer Question

what size screws are needed to secure the tv to the stand for the 40' and 32 inch Samsung flat screens?

(i used to have the flat screens mounted on the wall and lost the screws to
secure the tv to the stand)
Category: TV
Expert:  Erin replied 3 years ago.

Erin :

I will do my best to solve your problem or guide you in the right direction.

Erin :

Crown Bolt 3/8 in. x 2-1/2 in. Hex Head Screw

These can be purchased at your local DIY store, (ei: Home Depot or Lowes).

Erin :

You'll need to purchase 6 but most of the time only 4 will be able to hit a stud (wood behind the wall)

Erin :

Depends on your wallmount that you purchased and your wall.

Erin :

You can also use 3" if you don't have a choice.

Erin :

You should always drill the hole with a drill first then screw in the bolts! This will prevent the would from splitting.

Erin :

Also to ensure you get the center of the stud make sure to use a skinny long nail & create a series of holes near the the stud until you find the beginning and the end of the stud. The holes will be covered by the mount so don't worry about the tiny hole you leave behind.

Erin :

It should look something like this:

Full Size Image
Full Size Image

Erin :

*************************************************************************************************************************************************I'm sorry I miss-understood your question. Your screws will vary depending on your model but I've seen several times the same screw that is used all around the back of the TV along the edge should be the same type of screw. Try taking off 1 and see if it secures itself into the hole for the stand. If so then take that to your local DIY & you should easily be able to get replacements quickly that way.

Erin :

Try that out and let me know if it worked or not and I'll do some more research to get specific info.

Erin :

The model you put in does not come up as valid model number please find the correct model numbers for your TV's and let me know so I can do further research to help you out. If the above doesn't work that is.

Expert:  Erin replied 3 years ago.
Your screws will vary depending on your model but I've seen several times the same screw that is used all around the back of the TV along the edge should be the same type of screw. Try taking off 1 and see if it secures itself into the hole for the stand. If so then take that to your local DIY & you should easily be able to get replacements quickly that way.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Screws from wall mount do not fit into the back of the samsung flat screen. I need to secure the tv to the stand. Otherwise it's very loose, dangerous and unsteady
Expert:  Erin replied 3 years ago.
I initially misunderstood your question and was on a roll to answer the question even provided a photo. Then I reread your question to confirm I answered all of your questions and realized you needed the screws for the base unit without the wallmount. Unfortunately I cannot delete what I typed earlier and I apologize again for going off the wrong direction but if you had read a little further I replied with the following:

Your screws will vary depending on your model but I've seen several times the same screw that is used all around the back of the TV (along the edge) should be the same type of screw. Try taking off 1 and see if it secures itself into the hole for the stand. If so then take that to your local DIY & you should easily be able to get replacements quickly that way.

The Samsung Model: LN R4049D does not come up as valid model number. Please find the correct model numbers for both of your TV's and let me know so I can do further research to help you out. That is, if the above didn’t work.