Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.

My Funai Symphonic Model WF20L6 20 LCD TV suddenly turns itself

Customer Question

My Funai Symphonic Model WF20L6 20" LCD TV suddenly turns itself off after about 20 seconds. When on, looks OK, picture & Sound OK. Using DirectTV- Problem is NOT with DirectTV as another TV in another room continues on OK. Is this rpairable or do I scrap it and buy a replacement.
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.

Hi. I'm Steve. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

When you say that the tv turns off, does the TV actually go into a standby state or do you just lose the picture?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
TV turns itself OFF, it still responds to the remote, so I am unsure of whether this classifies it as in standby mode or not???
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.
So you have to press 'ON' to get it back up and running?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Same result from onboard power switch or the remote: TV comes on with picture and sound, lasts about 15 to 20 seconds, then dims for about 2 seconds then goes OFF.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.

Most likely the SMPS board.

How handy are you? I'm not sure if replacing it is going to work out cheaper than just purchasing a new 20" TV but it's worth a try. The part number is most likely L2607MPS but there are some minor variations so check the number of the existing board. You should be able to get one for $40 or thereabouts.

I'm sorry there is no quick fix for this issue. I wish there was.

Just ask if you need more help on this issue. I will be here.

If you don't, please click ACCEPT to help my rating on 'Just Answer' and please leave positive feedback. If you do not plan to leave positive feedback, please do not click accept but instead, tell me how I can improve on my answer. Bonuses are a bonus!

Thanks very much.