Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

How do I remove a flat screen stand from a 42 plasma sanyo

How do I remove a flat screen stand from a 42" plasma sanyo tv?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 5 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance...

Removal is preferably done with the Sanyo laying face down on a padded table. Prior to removing the stand, remove the 2 screws. In this manner, it is the stand that is pulled away from the TV.

Good luck and thank you for asking.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's a plasma, you can not lay it face down. What now?
Expert:  Louie replied 5 years ago.
The proposed method was based on the instructions as prescribed from the Owner's Manual of a Sanyo DP42740 as shown below.

To play safe, remove the screws while the TV is held by 2 or more people upright and a 3rd person pull down the stand.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It was never screwed in. We have looked for screws and there are none.
Expert:  Louie replied 5 years ago.
I understand.

A likely possibility is that the 2 arms are pushed in too deep and therefore are now wedged tight. The screws if placed would have prevented the arms reaching too high inside the slot. Unfortunately, no easy way without risk. See if the screws could be placed in now. It may force the arms to go slide out a bit.