Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
10191312

i have a toshiba 65hm167 that the yellow light blinks 3 times

i have a toshiba 65hm167 that the yellow light blinks 3 times pause blinks 2 times then short pause then stops and the green light comes on steady when i try to turn on i here the relay click twice and the yellow light starts doing the same blinks this tv was hit by lighting it was hooked to cable box with ony the hdmi cable connected and the power when i first starting working on it the yellow light would continue to blink 3 time and never stop found that the seine board had hole blown in chip right off hdmi 1 port found board on ebay said it was out of damaged set that still worked?read some q&a on this site and checked all voltages 12 & 3.3 and they are all there can u help me with this thank u
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 3 years ago.

Hello [Sir/Ms], My name is XXXXX XXXXX Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem,

what year is the tv,, look on the back

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

2007

ok,, read chart be careful with correct blink code

,, check again because it sounds like a bad seine board

graphicgraphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

none of these codes matches my situation.

My blinks are: 3 yellow, 2 yellow pause 1 yellow goes to steady green.

when I hit power button I hear 2 clicks like relay is engaging then disengaging and then the same blinking light sequence above and back to steady green.

Also downloaded the update from toshiba onto SD card. Seemed to take the software update but still get the same blinking light sequence above.

pull power for 90secs then try code again
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

three yellow blinks, 2 blinks pause quick blink and then to green as soon as it is plugged in.

when I hit the power button same code.

Code does not start until the green light on siene board comes on.

3x is the seine board,, it sounds like only the yellow is blinking,, your situation i suggest you measure all voltages,, do you have the schematic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no schematic but i measured all standby voltages on PB80B, PE80 which are 12v and 3.3v and all are present.

i think your going to need the schematic,, if the blink code isn't relevant,, then you have some trouble shooting to do

graphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i checked all voltages on the schematic you sent. All matched the schematic EXCEPT

PB504 pin 5, I have 5.0v instead of 4.2v

PB103 pin 22, I have 3.5v instead of 2.3v

graphicgraphicthe main is the suspect,, the seine is fed by the main,, and you found a blown component on the original,, well this is from the main its supplies,, so this is the issue,, check power also below

graphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

PB92A, pin2=0v instead of 3v

P706B, pin 3=0v instead of 2v

PB80a pin 2 =0v instead of 3v

P812 pin1, pin2 both 0v instead of 12v

P504 pin5=5v instead of 4.2v already gave you these earlier

P103 pin22=3.5v instead of 2.3v

the main board isn't sending a signal,, and this is why the dmd isn't switching on,, for 12vdc,, i would replace the main board
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After I received your voltage lists and as I was checking them I suspect the same.

I appreciate all the time you spent with me today and I will be sure to give you a good review.

thank you and good luck in your repairs,, please dont forget to press the accept button
Rick williams, Technician
Experience: 20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE