Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
42300671

My samsung LCD tv has power but wont turn on

My samsung LCD tv has power but won't turn on
Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

Just a couple questions so I can get a better idea about what's going on here.

1. Do you hear any clicking?
2. Have you noticed anything strange lately? Taking longer than usual to turn on, maybe?

Respectfully,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No clicking and it didn't take longer to turn on. When I press the power button, the red light blinks once at the power button
Do you want to repair this yourself? Do you have experience? Tools?

Or are you just trying to figure out it's reparable?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Depends on what the problem is. I don't have experience but if it is a fuse, then I will repair. Is it repairable?
Please read this whole post. If you have more questions afterward, just ask. Once you're satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback about our conversation, please click the green "Accept" button (that's how I get paid). Thanks!

I should've worded that last question differently, because everything is reparable... it's really just a matter of cost, and this might be cost effective to have repaired.

I can tell you it's definitely not the fuse. If it were, that red LED wouldn't illuminate. That being said, you either have a faulty power supply board, or a faulty main board. Either one of these could cause this, and both are replaceable.

If you can track down a multimeter and know how to use it to measure live circuits, let me know and I'll help you narrow this down. Otherwise, you'll need to have a technician run some diagnostics to pinpoint this. The good news is that it's probably the power board (more likely than the main board), and the power board is inexpensive... about $65. The main board is about $165.

If you need help finding a repairman, just give me your zip code.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No to the multimeter. I can take to a repair man
My zip is 48386
Your best bet locally, would be to call Sears. Their number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN You can try the folks at Spectacular TV, but I don't know much about them...(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Experience: USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks