Frank the tv man
Frank the tv man, Technician
Experience:  15 years of TV repair experience

I have a Sony Grand Wega LCD projection TV, model KDF-E55A20.

I have a Sony Grand Wega LCD projection TV, model KDF-E55A20. I replaced the lamp about a year ago and all was fine. Just recently, when I turn the set on, the picture is great but it will turn off (picture and sound) by itself. The green light on the front stays on steady (does not blink) and the red light has never come on. The set will stay off for 20-30 seconds, then turn back on, turn off, over and over until I physically turn it off. Too expensive a fix? Could the lamp be out already?
Category: TV
Expert:  Frank the tv man replied 5 years ago.
It could be just the lamp. DO you know if it was an actual Phillips/Sony lamp?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Don't know for sure. When I took it out, I looked to see if it had a brand stamp or sticker, but it doesn't. I bought it on line from a "warehouse", so probably not. That's what I get for trying to save a few bucks...
Yeah Try a Phillips/Sony bulb. Here is a link to a vendor. If you call them first they will return your money if it turns out not to be the lamp.