ProTV and Audio
ProTV and Audio, Sr Engineering Tech
Experience:  Over 25 years in TV & Audio, ISCET Certified, AAS, EET
18874444

Cannot get closed caption off my Sharp Aquos TV. When I push

Cannot get closed caption off my Sharp Aquos TV. When I push the CC option it does nothing but show HDMI in corner and 1080. You can keep pushing the button and still does not go off. Tried turning the cable box off and using tv remote and still does not work.
Category: TV
Expert:  ProTV and Audio replied 3 years ago.

ProTV and Audio :

Thank you for your question

ProTV and Audio :

What is the model number of your TV?

ProTV and Audio :

Just for clarification is it the TV or cable box CC that is showing...?

Customer:

TV

Customer:

not sure about model number but bought the tv new about 3 years ago

Customer:

kept waiting for email showing you had answered but never got it so I ended up checking back here

ProTV and Audio :

OK, let me know when you get the model number... or is it up against the wall where you can't get to it?

Customer:

up against wall and cannot see it

ProTV and Audio :

I understand perhaps a receipt or owners manual might give a hint?

Customer:

I don't have either one

ProTV and Audio :

I may be a 52" set, do you think it is a 2009 or 2008 year?

Customer:

yes

ProTV and Audio :

which year 2008 or 2009?

Customer:

2008

ProTV and Audio :

Thank you

ProTV and Audio :

Have you reset the TV yet by unplugging, if not please try. I will use model number LC52D62U for the 2008 year.

Customer:

Tried that and did not work.

ProTV and Audio :

Thank you

ProTV and Audio :

When you say that the CC won't go off, do you mean the "words on the screen or the CC letters"?

Customer:

Words on the screen

ProTV and Audio :

Thank you.

ProTV and Audio :

Since you are connected with HDMI, the CC source should be from the cable box.

Customer:

Understood and have tried going through the menu of cable box (motarolla 5416) and have had no luck

ProTV and Audio :

The CC button on the cable box remote is not sending the correct coed to the box. Be sure that the cable button on the box remote is pushed and the retry.

ProTV and Audio :

In other words be sure the remote is in the Cable mode...

Customer:

correction motarolla 6416 model. When you push the cc for cable box nothing happens

ProTV and Audio :

Push cable on the remote just to be sure... and then
CC

Customer:

It is in the cable mode and still will not work.

ProTV and Audio :

Thank you...

ProTV and Audio :

The issue can be with the remote or cable box. Remove the batteries from the remote and lest stand for 3 minutes, activate all the buttons and then reinsert batteries and retry.

ProTV and Audio :

Also, if you go to the setup menu on the cable box is the CC disabled or not?

Customer:

I cant find anything in cable box menu for closed caption on or off

ProTV and Audio :

OK try this procedure...

ProTV and Audio :

Power off the box and then immediately push the "Menu" button on the box and see if the box status is displayed on the screen.

Customer:

yes it is giving user settings

ProTV and Audio :

If the status come up, use the remote to navigate and change the CC setting.

Customer:

That worked!! Thanks

ProTV and Audio :

Great, please push ACCEPT when you are ready and if you have follow up question please ask.

ProTV and Audio, Sr Engineering Tech
Experience: Over 25 years in TV & Audio, ISCET Certified, AAS, EET