Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My 42 samsung LCD series 6 has a ghost image on the left for

Customer Question

My 42" samsung LCD series 6 has a ghost image on the left for the first 10 minutes after power on. The screen color is really highly red as well

Would love some help with rectifying this please...
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for using JustAnswer

If you could just answer the below info requests please this will help me a lot thanks>>

During the fault condition if you hit the menu button of the sets own remote control can you see this bad effect on the menu display too?

Anthony
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, it it on any display on the screen
Hi

OK their are one of two issues in the main that are causing this problem.
The first and easiest check of the two is bad elco capacitors on the powerboard, samsung have had global issues with capacitors across all models worldwide and should be visually checked first as luckily they show telltale signs of physical stress when they are failing, they either leak electrolyte/balloon up/have raised/domed tops/or dry out
The rear of the set needs to be removed and the powercord traced to the powerboard on here is were you will see these devices like in the photograph, once found they will need to be replaced so an ability to utilise a soldering iron is required

The second likely cause is failure of the tcon (LCD Driver board)board this is the upper middle board of the set and drives the LCD display, if available its very easy to fit
I say if available because sometimes its not as its considered part of the LCD panel itself... their is also a chance that indeed it is the LCD panel
I will locate the tcon board

Let me know your capabilities here for handling this

Anthony

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here