Steven, Technician
Experience:  Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.
59014109

my Samsung TV model LN40B750U1F the picture is getting off

Customer Question

my Samsung TV model LN40B750U1F the picture is getting off no the audio only the picture,first start blinking and then the picture disappear.
Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 3 years ago.

Steven :

I could rellay make what your issue is with your tv, it sounds like you are saying the picture goes off but the audio is ok, is this correct ? does it happen with all sources, cable. DVD player ect ?

Steven :

I could not rellay make out what your issue is with your tv, it sounds like you are saying the picture goes off but the audio is ok, is this correct ? does it happen with all sources, cable. DVD player ect ?

Steven :

Could you please provide this information so I may assist you.

Customer:

yea tv was working with no problems,but now Im putting on and the tv lost the image and no the audio

Customer:

I have to turning off the tv and put it back and the image is on for a seconds

Steven :

So it lights up you have the picture for a few seconds and then it goes off, does the audio go off too ?

Customer:

no the audio stay on only the image

Steven :

If you try and bring up the menu using the samsung remote control can you see the menu ?

Customer:

nop

Customer:

how

Customer:

I got the menu here

Customer:

where I go now

Steven :

Ok what is happening is the back light is going off, there is no reset or easy fix for this, it needs repair, There are a few things that can be wrong, most likely a back light inverter board or it is possible the LCD panel is bad.

Customer:

so do I need a technician

Steven :

are you able to trouble shoot to try and confirm a circuit problem or are you looking for proabable cost of repair ?

Customer:

Just I need to see the way to fix the problem

Customer:

this tv is olmost 2 year old

Steven :

are going to remove the back and trouble shoot ? do you have a meter ?

Customer:

meter

Customer:

yea

Steven :

you will need to remove the back and confirm there is 24 volts to the back light inverter after the picture goes out, the 24 volt line will be marked on the connector that goes from the power supply to the inverter board.

Customer:

ok lets me see

Steven :

also check the power supply capacitors for any that might be buldged out at the top. this is an indication that that they have failed and need to be replaced.

Customer:

Thank you for you help,Im still at the same point and I pay 28 dollar for tell me just maybes this or maybe that Im calling a technician much better

Customer:

have a nice day

Steven :

I can help but you must have some ability to be able to trouble shoot, there is magic way to fix, I could just take a guess and tell you to replace a part but that would irrisponsible of me

Customer:

yea but I dont know were to start

Steven :

Well if you are not qualified and have and understanding of trouble shooting then yes you are going to be better off just haveing a qualified tech taking a look at it. sorry there is no easy fix for this, there are circuits that have to evaluated to make a proper decission as the part to replace.