Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

I have a TV model KDF-E50A10. The color is messed up . There

I have a TV model KDF-E50A10. The color is "messed up". There is no green.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer

Please if your watching through a sat/cable box that the leads to and from the TV and box (both ends)are home and good and nothing has come out you may need to push on the plugs for this then if still no green let me know this>>

If you hook a dvd or vcr/game upto the set is it the same on here?

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control can you see bad color on the menu display too?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have tried all of the suggestions above. There is no change. The green is still off on the menu.

Is it all over the display?

Or is it in patches?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
All over the display. The picture is good. Just no green. All the trees and grass is brown.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Are you still there?

Let me just explain what happens when you press the menu button, when this happens a signal is generated from the graphics chip the thing is with this chip that it sends a signal directly into the optics (optical block)with virtually no influence from all the processes that go on before it, so its a good signal injector to analyse how the optical block is performing,
any issues with the menu to do with color and you have a problem with the optical block, now sony have had big problems with the optical block on this and other variants of this LCD projector the current process is sony are offering discounted sets and replacement sets in some cases for this issue so you need to contact sony
I have here a article on this however you seem to have lost all the green doesnt mean the block isnt faulty these are the most common complaints

This situation isnt resolvable because to replace the light engine is a big deal/ costly and above all many people have complained its happened again