Hank Sullivan
Hank Sullivan, Technician
Experience:  23 yrs. experience in electronics repair- experience in both shop and field service
26076593

How do I turn off the described video/SAP

Customer Question

How do I turn off the described video/SAP?
Category: TV
Expert:  Hank Sullivan replied 5 years ago.

Hank Sullivan :

Hello my name is Hank,

Welcome to Just Answer!
I can help you with your RCA tv

Hank Sullivan :

do you use a cable box or satellite, or do you just use an antenna?

JACUSTOMER-j2vh2sy6- :

Antenna

Hank Sullivan :

ok, and you are seeing the "closed captions" on the screen? written text of the dialogue on the screen?

Hank Sullivan :

if this is what you are seeing, then you need to get to the settings for "CC" or "Captions" and turn them to "OFF"

Hank Sullivan :

Just a reminder, we do not get paid until you click the green ACCEPT button. If the information I have provided has been helpful then please consider my time as a valuable contribution to the resolution of your issue.

If I have helped you with your issue please click the green ACCEPT button.

Bonuses are greatly appreciated! If you can spare a moment, please leave Positive Feedback too!

JACUSTOMER-j2vh2sy6- :

No. It is not the CC that I am having trouble with. It is only with one channel. It is the described video or SAP. As the program is playing, there is a voice describing the action that is taking place. It is annoying, and I would like to turn it off.

JACUSTOMER-j2vh2sy6- :

And I have gone to the SAP part of my TV menu, and have tried to click on it to turn it off, but can not figure out how to do so.

Hank Sullivan :

ah, i see. the other term for SAP is MTS for Multichannel Television Sound, is there an option for this setting?