Steven, Technician
Experience:  Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.
59014109

HOW DO I CONNENT A SANSUI VCR,Model No. VRDVD4100B TO MY PHILIPS

Customer Question

HOW DO I CONNENT A SANSUI VCR,Model No. VRDVD4100B TO MY PHILIPS TV (MODEL NO. 25TS56) WHEN I ALSO WANT TO KEEP MY PACE DIGITAL CABLE BOX, MODEL NO. VRDVD4100B ENABLED WHEN I AM NOT USING THE VCR.
Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 3 years ago.

Steven :

You can connect the VCR using the composit cables, YELLOW - RED - WHITE from the output of your VCR to the input of the Tv, this will not interfear with the cable box, you will have to switch the input on the Tv to watch the VCR as you desire.

Steven :

Also you the DVD output section of this unit will have to be xconnected to a a component input on the Tv, this would be the Green - Blue - Red video cables alon with Red and White audio cables.

Steven :

This will provide three seperate inputs to your Tv. one composit for the VCR, one component for the DVD and the cable box will stay as is.

JACUSTOMER-821aoiy8- :

It will take a few minutes to ascertain if that can be done. Tks

Steven :

your welcome, I have to sign off but you can reply if you need more information on this and I will get your message when I log back in.

JACUSTOMER-821aoiy8- :

Steven,

JACUSTOMER-821aoiy8- :

There are only 3 receptacles, red, white, yellow on this TV beside the cable receptacle. I am now pretty sure that this TV is not capable of being hooked to both a digital cable box and a VCR at the same time.

Steven :

well you could connect the VCR portion red white and yellow but that still leaves the DVD output, I don't think the DVD will play through those, I think it needs to be connected to component which is red blue and green, if those are not available then you won't be able to do it. there are deivces out there that you can connect muliple peices too and then switch to the unit you want to use, not sure if that would be worth the cost to you. Might more effective to buy a newer Tv with more connectivity. this Tv is older and doesn't have a lot of options

JACUSTOMER-821aoiy8- :

I will try the above procedure in the next several minutes and get back to you

JACUSTOMER-821aoiy8- :

I didn't say that

JACUSTOMER-821aoiy8- :

Do I have to pay for something that left me where I started?

Steven :

This is a question, answer and advice website, oviously we can not create the ability for your device to work in a manner in wich it was not designed. That fact that you are still in the same situation is not my fault, however the answer to your qestion is no, absolutlely not, you only pay for answers that you accept on this site, so you you are never not satisfied. Just do not accept the the answer, I rather you not exccept, then accept and provide negitive feedback. Sorry there was not a way other then purchasing external equipment to make work.