Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.

My RCA HD TV wont come on. A yellow light is blinking.

My RCA HD TV won't come on. A yellow light is blinking.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

1. What's the full model number? This should be on the rear of the TV.

2. How long have you owned it?

3. Have you ever replaced any parts?

Kindest regards,
Dan T.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Model L32WD22 Owned it about 3 years. Never replaced any parts.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

How many times does that yellow LED flash before pausing and flashing all over again?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
At first when green light would come on, green light would stay on 4 to 5 seconds, then yellow light would blink once, wait a couple of seconds, then blink 3 times, then turn off. After continuing to try to turn it on, the green light never comes on, it now only blinks yellow once about every 2 seconds. The only way to stop it is to unplug it.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Ok, thanks.

Based on what you've told me, there are 2 possible issues here... the power supply or the main board. Either one of these could be causing this.

If this is something you want to dig into, let me know and we can narrow it down to one or the other. You'll need a multimeter at the very least, and a good working knowledge of electronics, because voltage measurements will be required inside the TV.

If you'd rather not do it yourself, contact a technician at this point. You'd be looking at $50 or so to have some hands-on diagnostics, but that would be put toward the final bill ($350-$450 usually) should you decide to have it repaired.

More questions? Just ask. If not, please click "ACCEPT" and leave me positive feedback! If you don't plan to leave positive feedback, please do not click "ACCEPT." Instead, please let me know what else I can do for you!

Kindest regards,
Dan T.