Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.

My samsung flat screen tv has horizontal white lines running

My samsung flat screen tv has horizontal white lines running all over the screen and some faint double images. The white lines are visible when we are on DISH network and when we are watching a DVD, so I think it's the TV. ARe there any adjustments I can make??
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

1. Do the lines move?
2. If you press MENU on the TV remote, does the on screen display cover the lines... or do the lines show up on top of the menu?

Kindest regards,
Dan T.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes, the lines move

Yes, the lines show up on top of the menu.

Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

Ok, thanks for that. Also, thanks for your patience!

There are no adjustments to make here, sorry... your TV will require internal repairs. There are 2 possible issues here... the main board and the power supply board; either could cause this problem... usually this is the main board. If you are skilled in electronics and want to narrow this down and repair it yourself, let me know. Otherwise, you should contact a technician to run some hands-on diagnostics. That'd run you $50-$75 or so, but that would be put toward the final bill should you decide to have it repaired. A repair bill for something like this would range $350-$550 depending on the full work up, and also where you live. If you need help finding a local tech, just post back here with your zip code and I'll see what I can do.

More questions? Just ask. If not, please click "Accept."