Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience:  20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.
34633555

Samsung LCD-TV, Model LN-T4053H -- sound cuts in and out. Set

Customer Question

Samsung LCD-TV, Model LN-T4053H -- sound cuts in and out. Set is hooked to a Comcast Cable HDTV box. Working properly until Comcast switched to their new interactive prevue guide. I have a LN-T-3253H with the same setup that works just fine. Adjusted the sound settings, and even set them up the same as the 32" set. Nothing worked.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 3 years ago.

Anthony's TV :

Hello JA Customer I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business

Anthony's TV :

Are you useing HDMI cables?

Customer :

Yes

Anthony's TV :

have you updated the firmware in the samsung tv?

Customer :

what is that and how do I do it?

Anthony's TV :

do you have a USB flash drive?

Customer :

yes

Anthony's TV :

hold on ill get you the software

Anthony's TV :

download UNZIP to the flash drive

Anthony's TV :

do not download directly to the flash drive

Anthony's TV :

download to your pc

Anthony's TV :

double click then give the flash drive to extract to

Anthony's TV :

plug in the back of the tv

Anthony's TV :

then plug in the tv and power up

Anthony's TV :

it should read it right away

Customer :

my norton utilities just blocked everything and closed all the windows. Can I download the file directly to the PC?

Customer :

I've downloaded the file to PC. I know what a zipped file is, but don't know what you mean by downloading UNZIP to the flash.

Anthony's TV :

just doubleclick it

Anthony's TV :

it will ask where to install it

Anthony's TV :

that is your flash drive whatever drive letter it is on your pc

Anthony's TV :

L:

Anthony's TV :

M:

Anthony's TV :

i dont know

Customer :

OK, thanks. It's on the USB drive now. I will see what happens. I will let you know the results tomorrow. Good night and thank you.

Anthony's TV :

Thanks for using JA

Anthony's TV :

Please "Accept" if I have helped you and have a great night

Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience: 20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The file did not work. However, the TV works fine with a DVD playing instead of a cable program. Scheduled a Comcast visit for this Friday. Thus, I can't say that my problem was solved or I got $17 worth.
well we know its not the tv
did the file load properly
then its a bad cable box
It also would have cost you 50.00 or more for tv servicer to come to your house load the file and tell you its not the tv