Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert in the main
18621325

my toshiba plasma wont turn on. The red power LED is blinking.

Customer Question

my toshiba plasma won't turn on. The red power LED is blinking. I have unplugged and plugged, detached power cord and reattached. When I plug it in, I hear the "click" indicating it is getting power, but neither the remote or the side power button will turn it on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 3 years ago.

Hello
Welcome
Thanks for using JustAnswer

If you could just answer the below info requests please this will help me a lot thanks!

Is the light blinking a pattern like 4 blinks pause 4 blinks if so please count the amount of blinks between pauses please?

How old is the set please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

blink is steady---one per second

Set is around 2005-2005?

Hi

Theirs a bulletin about this and its loss of the 20volt rail.....

Application: The information contained in this bulletin applies only if you encounter the

symptom(s) listed below.

Subject: Troubleshooting the loss of 20vdc to the Digital Seine PCB

Symptom: Dead unit. Shutdown error indicated by red LED blink present on the front

of the unit.

Cause: Defective Seine Module. (Loss of 20vdc due to defect on the Seine

Module)

Solution: Troubleshoot by unplugging connector PJ63 from the Seine Module.

Apply power (allow time for the TV to completely boot) and place the TV

receiver into the "On" condition. If the TV receiver powers on and the TV

displays on screen menu's, replace the Seine Module using Toshiba Part

Number 75001605 (42HP95 and 50HP95) or Part Number 75001681

42HPX95 and 50HPX95

Let me know if you have some technical ability I may be able to locate a seine boad

Anthony

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have no technical ability. what/where is the referenced PJ63 connector and the seine module?
Hi

The thing with the PJ63 connector is just a test to prove the point that the seine mainboard has failed, this is a plug and socket on the mainboard (seine), the seine board is the computer board inside the set

Just to add this may be expensive i'm afraid a seine mainboard could cost $500, C611 a surface mount capacitor is also a problem with these sets
If you need a technician please use a toshiba authorised agent you can find one via the website www.toshiba.com home entertainment

Let me know if I can do anything else

Anthony

Anthony