Aric, Technician
Experience:  10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.
24739752

How do I set up my vizio lcd hdtv to stream netflix movies

How do I set up my vizio lcd hdtv to stream netflix movies?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

Can you please give me the Model Number of your Vizio?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, thank you . The model number is XXXXX Supposedly it has the capability to be hooked through the internet, but I don't know how to do it.

Thank you

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.

Hello, Thanks for the response.

I cannot find anything under the number you gave me. Can you please doublecheck and post back? A typical Vizio model number should read something like:

M261VP

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, my eyes arent what they used to be! That is supposed to be E320VP
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your response. I'm not sure where you got the information that this TV can connect directly to the Internet. It has no jacks, or controls for this. In order to stream from Netflix, you would need either a Gaming system (such as PS3, or Xbox), or you would need a Blu Ray player with Netflix ability. I can send you a link to a player that will work with this set if you'd like.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It actually has a hook up for a pc into the tv. It tells you on the internet that it has this capability. But you say say it doesnt?
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.

What connection are you referring to?

The TV has VGA and HDMI which would allow you to connect your computer to it for use as a Monitor, but the TV does not have a Network jack to allow being connected to your Router anywhere.

It also has a USB jack, but this is designed to playback Media from a Thumbdrive or Memory stick.

Nowhere in the manual for the TV does it mention the TV being Network capable, nor does the overview on Vizio's site nor the jack layout on the TV suggest it is Network ready.

Aric, Technician
Experience: 10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.