TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.

How Do I Run Channel Auto Scan On My TV?

The TV screen asks me to run channel auto scan. How can I do that ?

Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

Can you access your menu? Or are you stuck on that screen and can't get out of it?

If you can bypass the screen, all you need to do is access the menu and follow this information --

Now, if you can't back out of the Auto Scan request screen, unplug the power cord on your TV set for 5 minutes. You may have a locked up micro, and unplugging it for that period of time will reset it.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, I couldn't get out of the channel auto scan request screen. I unplugged the power cord for 5 minutes, plugged it back in and still get the same:"please run channel auto scan"
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

Did you recently do a software update to the TV set ? If so, do it again as it sounds like it didn't download correctly.