PramitP
PramitP, Technician
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
12720903

MY SAMSUNG TV HAS A BLACK SCREEN. I HEAR SOUND BUT NO PICT

MY SAMSUNG TV HAS A BLACK SCREEN. I HEAR SOUND BUT NO PICTURE

First of all welcome to Justanswer. My name is Pramit. Before I start please answer a few questions.
Have you tried unplugging the TV for 4-5 hours?

Have you checked all connections?

Regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED, I WOULD LIKE TO REPAIR IT MYSELF
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

IT HAS BEEN ABOUT 2HRS ,I HAVE CHECKED ALL CABLES

Shine a bright flash light on the screen and let me know if you see dim images. Also, try pulling up the on-screen menu and let me know if it appears.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NOTHING HAPPENING
You mean no dim images and no menu as well?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

THAT'S RIGHT,HELP PLEAOUSE,IF IT IS SOMETHING I CAN REPAIR MYSELF CAN YOU OFFER INSTRUCTIONS?

Okay thanks for the info. The biggest problem could be a faulty panel. The panel carries the backlight so if the backlight doesn't work, the entire panel needs to be replaced. If it is the panel then you better buy a new TV.

Now there can be three things which could cause this problem. Firstly the inverter is not working. Secondly the power supply is not working properly as it is the one who provides the 24V to the inverter. Thirdly, the main board. Now the main board is the one from whom the power board gets the command of sending. If the main board is not being able to send the command the there is no point in replacing the power board or inverter board.

Your best bet would be replacing inverter board(also known as backlight inverter board). You can get the inverter board by clicking on the link below.
http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=LN-S3241D
I always recommend my clients to contact seller and confirm model no. before making a purchase.

If you want to fix it yourself you must possess basic testing skills, like using multimeter, soldering, own a schematic of this model etc. If you opt for a repair at any shop it will cost you at the max $250. I hope it should be done in less than that. Hope it helps. If you have any other queries then I would be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Please click the green ACCEPT button if you like my help. Please DO NOT ACCEPT IF you wish to leave a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always appreciated