Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

A DVD is stuck in my LG 32LG40 is there anyway for me to remove

A DVD is stuck in my LG 32LG40 is there anyway for me to remove this, or can you refer me to a Seattle technician to do this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 5 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience.
Should you still need assistance...

Initially, the prescribe approach would be to pullout the DVD player deck and manually extract the erring disc.

Offhand, possible workarounds:
  • pressing the STOP button on the TV panel for 10 seconds or more;
  • unplug for an extended period of time, say an hour or more. Press and hold the EJECT button on the TV panel while plugging back in;
  • using a credit card like something inserted through the disc slot to ' jar ' / ' fish ' the erring disc while pressing on the EJECT button; and/or
  • spraying compressed air through a nozzle tubing to 'float' the erring disc while pressing on the EJECT button; or
  • consider using a pair of long reach tweezers as a last resort as these would scratch the disc surface rendering the disc eventually unusable.

Please post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.