bluextc89
bluextc89, Technician
Experience:  Small Business Owner.
22516588

I just bought a 47 inch lg led tv and I get lag when playing

I just bought a 47 inch lg led tv and I get lag when playing the xbox 360. I have turn tru motion off but the lag still exists is there any other changes I can make
Category: TV
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for stopping by:

This is more commonly known as crosstalk - and this set is not good for gaming.

CLICK HERE for a full thread discussion on it. Even the 3D and Menus lag.

I would suggest turning OFF local dimming. I'm pretty sure this is done automatically in GAME MODE though.

But really - its the firmware that is the ankle weight in this. Anything that required additional processing is going to bog down the processor - and this is a highly technical unit.

You can also adjust the black and greyscale for less of a load on the processor.
Use any movie with a THX logo on the label (like Finding Nemo, Toy Story123, Cars, Star Wars, ETC.). There is a THX callibration section in the features that will help a great deal to prevent over-saturation of your darks. CLICK HERE for a good explanation.

Or a good callibration disc from AVIA or Digital Video Essentials.

If you have additional - Just Ask.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry my dad was the one who filled this out and didn't consult me on the question as he doesn't know too much when it comes to gaming. The real problem I'm having with my new LED HDTV is not screen lag, it's button lag on my wireless 360 controller whenever I press a button it doesn't react until I have the button fully pressed whereas it should be reacting as I'm pressing my guess is like a .5 second lag time. For an example it's like your brain knows what arm to move but your arm doesn't move until it recieves the message to move. I've already tried adjusting the pixels (currently using 720p) and trumotion was turned off from the beginning so that can't be it. I've also tried using an xbox original console and got the same result (used a wired controller). Also one final piece of information my t.v. is also a smart t.v. I'm not sure if that would effect anything or not though. That's about all I have please tell what you think and if the same solution would still fix it or if something diferent is required.

Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.
On a different TV - does the reactin time improve?

If not - I'm confident it is the processing speed of the TV itself. There are many online reviews of this set that it lacks severely with gaming (and even it's own built-in menus).
Try the 360 on another set. There should be no lag with the 360. About the only thing you can try with that is to re-sync the controller(s).

Make the picture adjustments, and re-try. The only chance of improving is to lighten the processor's load.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks!!
bluextc89, Technician
Experience: Small Business Owner.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yeah the t.v. I was using before was a 32 inch HDTV wasn't a smart t.v. though was of the same make LG not sure if it was an LED or LCD though but with that t.v. I had no problems, it wasn't until I switched over to the 47 inch LED LG Smart t.v. that the button lag started happening. But yeah everything you put is pretty much what everyone is telling me to try (i.e.Adjusting pixel setting on 360, lightening the picture setting on the t.v.) I didn't try re-syncing the controllers though I just took out the battery from the controller and put it back in. But that also doesn't make any sense since when I use my Xbox Original that has a wired controller connected directly to the console I get button lag..but I'll give it a try. Thanks for the support and I'll reply back if anything works or if the button lag persists..I may just end up having to use a seperate t.v. for gaming...Wish I hadn't agreed to give my lil' brother my old t.v.