Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

My Magnavox model #32MD350b/f7 is in standby mode. How do I

My Magnavox model #32MD350b/f7 is in standby mode. How do I get it off of it. I have tried holding down the remote button and the button on the tv and it goes from red to blinking green but then goes quickly back to red.

Hello [Sir/Ms], My name is XXXXX XXXXX Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem,

First let me say sorry I don't have a quick fix for this problem.

The problem you are describing is a very common one in LCD sets like yours. The power supply/inverter/main board/T-conn board circuit has failed and will require component replacement in order to get the set working again. This repair should be done by a qualified technician, these sets can be dangerous to someone who does not know where not to touch, also it is very easy to cause more bad than good if you don't know what you are doing. Also the use of a VOLTAGE METER very well will be required. I cannot stress enough, you must be able to USE A VOLTAGE METER very well or can cause many problems.

If you have equipment and would like to complete this repair yourself please let me know and I will give you instructions on how to complete this repair. Parts can cost you anywhere from 5-100 bucks depending on A BAD COMPONENT OR REPLACING THE BOARD AND WHERE you buy them at. But remember I have seen quite a few people destroy perfectly good sets by not knowing what they are doing so just take that as a caution.

A good repair shop will run you somewhere between $100-$200 to repair this for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!