Steven, Technician
Experience:  Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.

Hello. My sharp 52 LCD tv had a flashing red power light.

Customer Question

Hello. My sharp 52" LCD tv had a flashing red power light. Its flashing pattern is 3 consecutive a pause for a second and then a further 3 flashes and so on. Can u help pls? Dd
Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 3 years ago.

Steven :

Hi my name is XXXXX. XXX may I help you?

Steven :

Could you please provide me with the model number so I may assist you.

Customer : Hello. It is a sharp lc 52xd1e. Thanks dene
Steven :

Ok thank I am going to check some information for you on the code.

Customer : Thank u
Steven :

Is this a two peice unit ?

Customer : No just the LCD tv as one unit.
Steven :

Ok can't find a manual for it but I am looking it might be because it is a UK model I only have access to US models, let me look a bit further.

Customer : Thanks
Steven :

Is it the power light or the opc flashing or both ?

Customer : Just the power light. With the pattern I described.
Steven :

Ok just to be sure when you tried the force on procedure you held down the volume up and channel down and pluged the ac cord into the wall while holding those buttons down.

Customer : Yes that's correct.
Steven :

Ok I'm going to show the codes I have I see nothing for just the power LED flashing 3x there are two sets of codes I'll them both.

Steven :

POWER LIGHT

OPC LIGHT

ERROR TYPE

REPAIR

-

-

AC Power failure

Loose connection, Power Unit or Main Unit

1(1/sec)

-

Lamp Failure

Loose connection to Inverters, reload firmware, Inverter Unit or LCD Panel

2X

-

Power Failure

Inverter Unit or LCD Panel

2X

1X

13V/UR10V failure

Power Unit or Main Unit

2X

2X

3.3V Main Failure

Power Unit or Main Unit

2X

3X

UR6V failure

Power Unit or Main Unit

2X

5X

Panel 5V failure

1

LCD Control Unit or LCD Panel

Steven :

POWER LIGHT

OPC LIGHT

ERROR TYPE

REPAIR

2X

7X

CPU Communication

Main Unit or LCD Controller

2X

7X

Audio Amp Error

Loose/Damaged speaker wires, Terminal Unit

2X

8X

LCD Control ROM Error

Main Unit or LCD Control Unit

3X

1X

Communication

Main Unit

3X

2X

Main Failure

Main Unit or LCD Control Unit

3X

3X

Communication

Main Unit

4X

-

Vsync Error

Reseat cables, Main Unit

5X

-

Monitor Temp Failure2

Main Unit

6X

-

BD Unit Error

BD Unit

8X

-

Flash Rom Error

Main unit or reload firmware

Steven :

I think you may have a power supply problem, that is the most likely board if you were unable to force it on.

Steven :

The first codes are for NO POWER the second are for SHUT DOWN

Customer : Sorry what does your last sentence mean pls?
Steven :

There are two sets of codes one is for when the unit powers on momentarly and then shuts down the other is when it does not power up at all.

Steven :

Sorry there is no quick fix for this or reset, it is need of service most likely for a bad power supply.

Customer : Ok. The screen remains black. When u press the power button on the tv the green power light goes on for half a second and then u can hear a click off and the power light goes red again
Steven :

but just the power lite flashes 3x and opc nothing right ?

Steven :

That is an indication the main board is working to turn on the power supply but the inverter never turns on the panel. you would have to trouble shoot the power supply to see if it is supplying power to inverter board to determind if the power supply is bad.

Steven :

You either have 1 a bad power supply or two 2 a bad inverter board

Steven :

The one thing you can do is to remove the rear cover and tighten all the screws to the inverter board, sometimes they are lose and can cause the inverter not to work properly. That is the long board located to the side of the Tv with a metel sheild covering it there are a lot of small screws that ground it to the panel. make sure they are all tight and retry.

Steven :

You may also be able to see if there is a burnt inverter transformer, sometimes you can see one that may be burnt or discolored.