Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

My Pioneer plasma keeps turning itself off...and unless we

Customer Question

My Pioneer plasma keeps turning itself off...and unless we leave it off for a while, we get a message on screen E 01...

It is driving us crazy! - please help if you can.

Warm regards,

CRAIG JACKSON
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tim,

Ok - I've got a whole bunch of numbers for you...

On the Plasma Screen itself, we have...

POP – S06 – LR

SAN 3051 – A

0 XXXXXXXXXX 6

BLAT 012962EV

On the back of the set box, we have...

3913A096

307 103 500

POP – R03G

P5943CE

Hope within these numbers is the one you need. Many thanks,

CRAIG
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
E01 is sometimes an error for a loose cable between the tv and the media receiver. Can you check these and ensure they are tight first?

Tim
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Tim - I'm at work right now - I'll check when home tonight...

Many thanks for now...
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
OK take your time, let me know when you get to it.

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Cheers!

This service is awesome!

Thanks Tim
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
Thanks! Let me know when you get to it.

Thanks,
Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tim,

Okay - the TV was in one of its 'working' phases last night. About one day in three, it acts perfectly normally.

So it was working fine before we had a look at the connections at the back.

However, last thing before bed, we did check them, and they all seemed fine. We did push all connections in as hard as we could, and tightened the screws on the connections that have them to hold them in place.

We can see how we go tonight, if you like?

Thanks,

CRAIG
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
Ok sounds good, let me know what you find.

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello again,

Well - it's still turning itself off.

It's weird, and completely random. Sometimes we can go a day - or even two - and it's completely normal. Sometimes, it starts turning itself off as soon as it's switched on in the morning - other times, it won't start switching off until the evening.

Once it's switched itself off, we can leave it a few minutes, and switch it back on. Other times, we have to leave it 15 minutes. If we try to switch it back on too early, we get the message E01 (my family has come to hate that letter and numbers).

A while back, one of my kids searched the net and found a blog where someone talked about something in the TV heating up too much, or something. That sort of makes sense...

But love to hear your thoughts, Tim.

Thanks again,

CRAIG
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
Have you disconnected and reconnected those connections?

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Wow - no we haven't...

Give that a try tonight... ...jeez, why didn't I think of that... ..do it with my computer all the time...

Thanks, Tim

CRAIG
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
Ok let me know what you find.

Thanks,
Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tim,

Well - on Saturday afternoon, the TV went off again...so I pulled out all the cables, and blew on the plugs (just thought I'd try it) - put them all back in, nice and tight...tried to turn in on - but it wouldn't...left it a while as we normally do...and it came back on as it does - and hasn't gone off since!!!...so I think the problem is fixed!

I'm happy to accept your answer - and presumably then, you get paid.

Cheers, CRAIG
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
Awesome news!!

Thanks!
Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Many thanks Tim...
CRAIG
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
No problem, let us know if you need anything in the future.

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tim,

Spoke too soon - it's started turning off again...

Damn!

CRAIG
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
Have you reset the receiver by unplugging it?

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No - will try that tonight...

Many thanks again, Tim...fingers crossed...

CRAIG
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
Ok let me know.

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tim,

Okay - pulled out the power cords and unplugged them...still not working...

Cheers,

CRAIG
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
Well unfortunately it sounds like your media receiver has an intermittent failure then.

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That sounds bad - any solution? - or just have to get a new one?

Thanks,

CRAIG
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
I think if you contact a pioneer authorized service center they can send it into pioneer to be repaired, normally runs about $500-700 though. You cannot but a new media receiver unfortuantely.

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'll look into it - thanks Tim...

CRAIG
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.
OK let me know.

Tim