Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
Experience:  FCC Commercial License, Previous owner of Electronics Repair shop, 40+ years in electronic systems.
14090506

what size screws are used for the base for lg flat screen

what size screws are used for the base for lg flat screen TVs?
Category: TV
Expert:  Rod replied 5 years ago.

Rod :

Hi - what is the complete model number of the TV?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I don't know the model number. It is about a 40" screen if that helps. Could you possibly give screw sizes for different models, or are there too many variations?

Thanks.

Expert:  Rod replied 5 years ago.

There are too many variations - the screws are metric, but the size and depth are dependent on the model number. There will be a tag on the back that has the complete model number.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Just got your message re too amny variations. I will try to contact you later today or tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------------------

I am on a public library computer, which will be shutting down in about 3 minutes. If we get disconnected, I will check e-mail later from home. Please include contact information in e-mail message.

Thank you.

Expert:  Rod replied 5 years ago.

Just login on Justanswer under your account - and select "My questions", or click the link from the email and you can reply back.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The tag on the back of the screen says LG 37LG30. Is that the info you need?

Thanks.

I had to travel to get the info, hence the delay.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi -

I have to run now. I'll check later today if possible, otherwise tomorrow. I didn't want to leave you hanging if you replied.

Thanks.

Expert:  Rod replied 5 years ago.

As I mentioned, they are metric, the service manual does not have the size listing for that specific model (LG TV service manuals leave a lot to be desired), but a similar mode has them listed as M4 x 16 - if that is too short, a M4 x 20 should work. These are the screws that attach the stand to be back of the TV.

Some Home Depots, or Lowes stores are starting to carry these metric screws, so you can check there first.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you. I will try those and let you know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I apologize for the delay in gettiing back to you.

It turns out that some of the information I had was incorrect. In fact, all the screws were there. We put the tv sideways on a flat (sofa) surface, removed all the screws and re-inserted them. This had little discernible effect. So the TV is more or less as it was, but no worse. We did add a little stuffer to reduce the tilt.

I also checked out several TV models, LG and others, in-store that have this design and noted that many had some play in the monitor, though with less tilt that my Dad's set. Nothing bad has happened, so I guess we are just going to let it be for now.

As you know, I accepted your response. I didn't see a separate field for rating, but I think you did fine with the information I gave you and were very quick in responding.

No other questions for anyone for now. Thanks you for your help. Let me know if you need anything else.

Expert:  Rod replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the feedback - glad you got the original screws. There have been reports for that model that it does wobble a little on the base stand.