Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

how do I turn off closed captioning on my Emerson TV I have

Customer Question

how do I turn off closed captioning on my Emerson TV ? I have AT&T U verse and have tried everything with them. They told me to contact the TV manufacturer which is you
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
model no. EWL3706
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
- Do you have this CC on the screen while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, etc.)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THe CC is on all of the time. Ihave done all of the things ATT asked me to do to turn it off but nothing works
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
DO you have anything other than the ATT box hooked to the tv?

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have a Zenith Dvd cassette polayer connected to the TV but it is not turnrd on
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Can you play a DVD in it and see if the cc is on when watching that please?

Tim