Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

how do i reset my lg tv

Customer Question

how do i reset my lg tv?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 5 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using justanswer.
I`m going to help you with your tv but first i will have a few questions;

There are different types of reset so could you tell me what seems to be the problem ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i bought a LG TV from a hotel and i want to reset to the original settings, just like i bought it. there is still channels that have hotel info, i want to completely reset the tv.
Expert:  Jack replied 5 years ago.
O.k then what will be needed is the master remote that carries the setup functions.
What happens is that those tv`s have 2 type of remotes, one is the guest remote that has limited functions so the guest will not be able to fool around with the tv`s settings and the master remote that has full access.
I will take a look to see if i can find one or if something can be done witout that master remote.
Be back shortly
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you, i will be waiting
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thank you, i will be waiting

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

it has been one week and i have not gotten an answer

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 5 years ago.
Sorry jeff if it took a while to respond to your question.

The only info i could find about your tv was as a standard home model.
From your description it is obviously a hotel tv , which is not all that rare but usually you can find info about the commercial model like the one you described.

In this case i cannot find anything that would be helpful for you except that if you did buy that tv directly from the hotel owners then perhaps you could ask to borrow his master remote to remove the previous program.

Would have been glad to help you on this but i`ll have to declare forfeit, so i`ll opt out and perhaps another expert will be able to help you.
Good luck.