Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

MY SAMSUNG PLASMA TV HAS COLORED VERTICAL LINES, WHICH DISTORTS

Customer Question

MY SAMSUNG PLASMA TV HAS COLORED VERTICAL LINES, WHICH DISTORTS THE PICTURE, ALSO WHITE LINES THE LEFT AND RIGHT SIDE OF PICTURE.
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-How thick are the lines?
-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

THE TV WILL BE 6 YEARS OLD AUGUST 31, 2011

MOST OF THE LINES LOOK LIKE COLORED THREAD RUNNING THROUGH THE PICTURE, AND SOME CHANGE AND LOOK LIKE ABOUT 1 INCH BANDS OF GREEN SOMETIMES. IT HIT SOURCE BUTTON AND IN AV MODE IT LOOKS ALL PIXELLY, THREADS OF LINES RUNNING BOTH DIRECTIONS.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
If you press the MENU button on the tv itself, do the lines show in front or behind the menu?

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THE LINES ARE IN FRONT AND BEHIND
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
There are a couple of different things that could cause this problem, the first is the power supply, and the second the main board. Also either sustain or scan driver board can cause this problem. To know exactly what board is the cause, you need to have electronic repair experience, and test equipment. If you have this let me know and I will assist you in the troubleshooting of this tv. Otherwise you will need a repairman at this point. You can expect a bill of anywhere between $200-$500, this is a good average, however it could be more or less.

I am sorry I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, please let me know if you have the skills and tools and I will be happy to assist you. Also please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
IS THERE ANY KIND OF RESET BUTTON OR MENU OPTION TO CORRECT THIS?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, nothing like that. You definitely have an internal failure in the set.

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, THANKS FOR TRYING
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
No problem, sorry I didn't have better news.

Tim