Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  12+ years experience installing and repairing electronics.

How to reset settings on samsung flat panel tv -- without remote

How to reset settings on samsung flat panel tv -- without remote control
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.

Electronics Pete :

Hello nd welcome to JustAnswer,

Electronics Pete :

What is the model number of your Samsung TV?

Electronics Pete :

(you will find this on the back of the TV or on the front of the user guide)

Customer:

dont have a user guide

Customer:

looking at back, but need to get the reading glasses

Customer:

model no LNR328W

Customer:

\

Electronics Pete :

Ok, thanks.

Electronics Pete :

If I understand correctly, you want to change the input source so that you can view cable?

Customer:

well, i pressed some buttons (IT WORKED BEFORE) and now would like to view cable

Customer:

i see that there are options under TV but can't get there

Customer:

No remote, so trying to do this with the little buttons on side (get confused between up/down and left/rught)

Electronics Pete :

Ok, it should be possible to change back to your cable input using the buttons on the TV control panel.

Electronics Pete :

One moment please while I consult my information on this TV set....

Customer:

thanks!

Electronics Pete :

Here is a diagram of the buttons on your TV set:

Full Size Image

Electronics Pete :

You will need to press the Source button to display a list of the available inputs first.

Electronics Pete :

Then use the bottom 2 buttons (CH Up and CH Down) to select your cable input.

Electronics Pete :

Finally, press the Source button again to select and confirm the cable input.

Customer:

when we press source button, only snowy screen with "air 3" noted

Customer:

maybe source, then menu?

Electronics Pete :

Pressing the Source button should immediately display a list of all the available sources.

Electronics Pete :

Have you perhaps already pressed the Menu button and you are now in the menu somewhere?

Electronics Pete :

Can you try turning the TV off and back on again to start from the beginning, then try pressing the Source button again?

Customer:

we pressed menu

Customer:

see input, go to source list, then only TV highlighted, can't get to cable ubnderneath.

Electronics Pete :

Do you have a cable box, or is your cable plugged directly into the TV?

Customer:

cable box

Customer:

we just turned off tv and cable box (15 seconds) turned back on with same effect

Electronics Pete :

What type of cable does it connect to the TV with?

Customer:

tw hi def?

Customer:

oh, physical cable. but i have hdmi upstairs (extra)

Customer:

but i was thinking that air means that it is trying the old way

Electronics Pete :

Full Size Image
Can you tell me which of the following connections your cable box is plugged into?

Customer:

thanks # XXXXX

Customer:

i plugged in the hdmi cable too

Electronics Pete :

Are you able to exit from the Menu and check that the TV source is selected?

Customer:

well, right now menu is not on

Electronics Pete :

What source is currently selected?

Customer:

when i press source -- aha! it workedon hdmi and looks better too -- hdmi shows up as a source (should i undo the cable then?)

Electronics Pete :

Yes, HDMI would give you a better picture.

Customer:

should i undo cable between tv and box then?

Electronics Pete :

Yes you can undo it, it will not be required if you are using the HDMI connection.

Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience: 12+ years experience installing and repairing electronics.