TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

My Panasonic Viera wont turn on. The on light in the bottom

My Panasonic Viera won't turn on. The "on" light in the bottom left corner just keeps flashing on and off. I'm sure I just pushed a wrong button, but can't figure out which one or how to turn it back on.

Please help...
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

When you turn it on, listen to see if the relays click on. If so, listen to see if they also click Off.

If they click on and stay on, do you see the display "gently light up" ? The display has to "prime" before it displays a picture and sound.

Do you happen to notice if the on light starts flashing a consistent number of times, pauses, then flashes the same number of times again, and pauses again, or does it constantly flash with no pauses? A pause is usually 2 or 3 seconds.

Let me know if you can at least get the TV menu to appear too.

Also, can you get the Model number either off the center sticker on the back, or look on the right edge of the back cabinet? Panasonic puts their model number in both places.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

There is no sound indicating that the relay is turning on or off. No sound at all. And the flashing light flashes twice, then pauses, then flashes twice, etc.

Model number is XXXXX

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

Hmm, it sounds like the P board isn't delivering the 6 and 7 Volt supplies for your relay.

The part number for the P board is -- N0AB3GH00003

I had some problems Googling the part number...ended up getting a whole bunch of German showing up.

So I went to Encompass --

https://www.encompassparts.com/webwiz/wwiz.asp?wwizmstr=WEB.SEE&partnumber=6824306

Copy and paste the part number I gave you into Encompass's Part search box.

That is really the only place that sells the part. Usually you can find 3 or 4 suppliers of Panasonic parts, and I suspect the SIZE of your TV set is the reason why there aren't a lot of suppliers. I suspect the parts and the cost of the TV set may be too close to each other.

Anyways, if you remove the back cover here is a picture of the P board and it's disassembly --

graphic

Pretty simple to replace, hopefully Encompass will get the board restocked.

If you have any questions, just ask

If you are finished, please press the ACCEPT button.

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.