Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My Sylvania 1030 portable DVD player will not play a disc.

Customer Question

My Sylvania 1030 portable DVD player will not play a disc. It takes a long time loading and then will say "no disc". I have tried numerous discs and I have cleaned the lazer with denatured alcohol and a Q tip. It seems to make a bit of a grinding noise when spinning and looks like it could be a bit unlevel.
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem.

-Sorry for the delay, do you still need assistance with this?

Please let me know.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I still need help. The player will still not recognize any disc. It loads for a long time, then says no disc. Is this something to do with the angle of the pointing lazer. I have cleaned the top of the lazer. (the little light that beams I presume.)
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Do you have any other model numbers for the unit?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No--the only numbers are 1030--but it does say SWDW 1030.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
I cannot find any info on this model, I will opt out and see if any other experts know this one.