Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

why is the left side of my 55in LG LCD T.V. dark and ware can

why is the left side of my 55in LG LCD T.V. dark and ware can i buy the part to fix it
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The TV is at walmart for $550.00 it was on desplay for a year all the pictore setting ware all the way up so thay think it need a now bulb. the sceen is dark on the left side from top to bottom and about 6in. out
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Ok well do not buy it, there are no bulbs in this unit, it is a LCD unit, what it has is a bad LCD panel, but the part is about $1500 so you could just buy a new working unit. I cannot even believe they are trying to sell it, that is bad business.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ya when i seen it i told them that it was junk and i didn't think they had bulbs but i didn't know but they said that it come with the own year factory warranty but i don't see how that is possible being the tv is a year old what do you think
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Well the warranty does normally start from the day you buy it, so I guess technically you could buy it, call LG and tell them its broken...but not sure if I would want to go through the hassle...it is a good deal on the tv though. Dont they have 30 day money back guarantee? If so you could buy it and if LG wont fix it take it back right?

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You know i didn't think of that ill have to ask them tomorrow and if they do guarantee the 30 day money back that would be a still because i might sell it on ebay