TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

I need the correct screen diversity code for philips lcd/tv

I need the correct screen diversity code for philips lcd/tv model#42pfl5603d/27
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

graphicWell, HERE's the BUMMER...we can't get your screen diversity code, but YOU can.

Why?

Well, the Screen Diversity code is used to tell the Main board what LCD panel is actually INSIDE your TV set.

While you can LOOK at the edge of the TV's Frame, and find the screen diversity code ON the LCD panel or ON the frame, I can't.....

My arms aren't long enough to reach way over there.

graphic

So it's really up to you to find that sticker

IF you just replaced the main board, you need to program the board with the correct features you TV set has. You will need to activate the SAM (adjustment menu) and install the option codes.

First option number is XXXXX 1 code, then read left to right, with the last option codes being the OPT2 list, read left to right.

The STORE them when done.

Here is how to ACTIVATE the SAM menu --

graphic

Once you get that activated, highlight the OPTIONS just like your main menu, and activate it.

Here are your codes highlighted in YELLOW, along with the instructions.

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

Oh DARN, you READ it !!

And I wasn't FINISHED editing it!

Now it's all messed up....The LAST picture is stuck at the top !

Great....

Let's see if I can FIX it......

Well, HERE's the BUMMER...we can't get your screen diversity code, but YOU can.

Why?

graphic

Then STORE them when done.

Here is how to ACTIVATE the SAM menu --

graphic

graphic

Ok, great, I fixed the answer so it's understandable.

If you have any questions, just ask

If you are finished, please press the ACCEPT button.

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I ALREADY STORED THE OPTION CODES.IT DOESN'T FIX THE PROBLEM :THE PICTURE LOOKS LIKE NEGATIVE PICTURE&LOOKS LIKE THE WATER COLOR PAINTER.PLEASE ANSWER ME.

THANKS.

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

Did you do the SCREEN Diversity code ??

You have to match the panel to the main board with that.

I gave you the instructions in the first picture, then you're supposed to do the option codes next. But if you have already done it, just do the diversity code

Heading for bed, see you tomorrow morning. Do the screen diversity, if that doesn't fix it, go back to your option codes -- Check them, store them. and LOOK at the menu when you do them. Is it messed UP? Or normal looking? That can tell you if the screen diversity is good or not.

If it's bad, then tell me.

You may have an incorrect board in your TV set if the original picture did NOT have the issue you are seeing right now.

Now if your Option menu looks normal, but your picture looks BAD. Check the regular menu on the TV set too. Let's see if that's bad or good.

If it's good let me know.

If it's bad, then take a picture of the problem, save it as a JPG file, then upload it to Just Answer with this button in your response box ---

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I don't have the screen diversity code.Can you please give me .

Thank you.