Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My 46 Sony Bravia flatscreen TV has a pink screen when I turn

Customer Question

My 46" Sony Bravia flatscreen TV has a pink screen when I turn it on. It takes about 5-10
minutes (and changing channels, turning it on and off, etc) before the screen loses its pink
tint. The TV is only about 2-3 years old. I have checked the cables from my Verizon FIOS
box and everything is in order. Do you have any answers?

Skip Nicodemus
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

Is it a solid pink tint, uniform across the screen? Or is it more splotchy? Also, if you bring up the TV's on screen menu, is the menu pink?

Kindest regards,
Dan T.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is uniform across the screen. The TV's menu comes up pink as well.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
I think I know what's going on here, but I'd like to see a picture to be sure. Please take a picture, then post it here using the paper clip icon that's just above where you're typing. Pictures have to be .jpg, .png or .gif and have a 1MB limit. If the icon doesn't work or if you don't have one, feel free to post the picture to Photobucket.com or Flickr.com. Just be sure to give me a link to it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am at work now and don't have the ability to send you a picture this week. I will be back at home after April 18th. Actually, I think I will contact SONY directly. I was hoping

for a quick fix.

Sorry for the inconvience.

Skip

Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, Skip... the only "quick fix" per se, is to unplug it for a few hours. If the issue persists, you definitely have an internal failure here. If you'd like to contact Sony, no problem... just let me know if you need any further assistance!