Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.

i have a sharp sound bar and cant get it to work on my toshiba

Customer Question

i have a sharp sound bar and can't get it to work on my toshiba led tv. no audio out jacks on the tv jerry
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answer. I'm sorry to hear about your issue. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

For a sound bar not to have an optical input is plain bad given that almost every new TV on the planet has an optical rather than analog audio outputs.

If you can't take it back and get a better one, you are going to have to get one of these:

It will convert the optical signal to analog voltage and that will go to the sound bar.

I have never personally used one of these but they seem to have good reviews and perform as advertised.

If I have answered your question to your satisfaction, please remember to click ACCEPT to help my rating on 'Just Answer'.

I only get paid if you click and it does not close our dialog together...we can continue with your issue. Thank you very much.