TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.

My Toshiba LCD tv is stuck in a mode. Ive tried unplugging

My Toshiba LCD tv is stuck in a mode. I've tried unplugging it several times. The power light came on and the green light next to it would blink about 16 times, power off, and then come back on and repeat that action. Now both the power light and green light are blinking. Any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.
We need your model number on your TV to verify the fail code you are seeing.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

Take a look at this list of fail codes and tell me which one FITS your fail code.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
On my tv, there are no blue or yellow led's. The red is blinking regularly and the green will come on for about 3 seconds and go off for about 3 seconds.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

Ok, I can't help you, the entire HM series except for the HM 164 is no longer supported by Toshiba. That means service information and parts are no longer available from Toshiba to service it.

Sorry to tell you that, but I'm finding it harder to get the engine too...

If you have any questions, just ask

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Are you saying the tv is obsolete? What must I do to get the tv working? Are there places to get the HM 164 engine if that is what I need?
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

No sorry, the HM95 series has been discontinued by the manufacturer, and the HM164 is a second generation TV that was built AFTER the 95 series. And engine parts are a nightmare to find on either one.

Right now Toshiba is pulling parts off of bad engines and merging working parts together to make an engine that works. It like the old Mad Max movies where they merge 2 or 3 vehicles together to make one that functions.

And unfortunately, I just found out the service manuals are no longer posted for the 95 series.

That's pretty much the death-knell of your model.

At least you didn't hire a Tech to come to your home to give you the same bad news as I did.

If you have any questions, just ask

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.