PramitP
PramitP, Technician
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
12720903

I have a Samsung series 6 lcd tv can i record tv to USB flash

I have a Samsung series 6 lcd tv can i record tv to USB flash drive or USB external hard drive?
Category: TV
Expert:  PramitP replied 3 years ago.

PramitP :

Hello, Welcome to Justanswer

PramitP :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you out.

JACUSTOMER-q0vc7o4j- :

Thank you

PramitP :

So you want to record live tv programs to a flash drive?

JACUSTOMER-q0vc7o4j- :

yes either to a USB flash drive or i have a external hard drive connected through USB which i can watch Movies from but would like to be able to record TV programs

PramitP :

Well, the USB port on the TV, can be used only as an input, that means you can connect a USB flash drive or a usb HDD and watch its contents on the TV

PramitP :

You cannot record it directly onto the flash drive or HDD

JACUSTOMER-q0vc7o4j- :

ok is there anyway of recording tv to my external hard drive?

PramitP :

Hmm...well not exactly to your external drive, but there are a few ways.

PramitP :

First, if you want it on your external drive itself

PramitP :

you can connect you PC to the TV and have an external TV tuner with recording fucntion

PramitP :

this way you can record the program to your computer

PramitP :

or a HDD connected to the computer

PramitP :

If you do not want to use a computer then there are TV recorder boxes available

PramitP :

that connect with the TV directly

JACUSTOMER-q0vc7o4j- :

yeh i know about the external boxes was just trying to use what i had

PramitP :

yea so in that case you have the option 1 where you will need a computer

PramitP :

Actually you need a peripheral device between the TV and external HDD so that it can facilitate recording

JACUSTOMER-q0vc7o4j- :

i did go to the place i bought the TV and ask 3 people and got three different answers thats why i decided to try you guys

PramitP :

I hope you got a satisfactory answer now

PramitP :

The reason you cannot directly record is because USb is only input

JACUSTOMER-q0vc7o4j- :

yes i have thank you very much

JACUSTOMER-q0vc7o4j- :

ok

PramitP :

You cannot have the output. Moreover the external HDD does not have a inbuilt recorder

PramitP :

so it cannot be done

PramitP :

without the help of a peripheral device

JACUSTOMER-q0vc7o4j- :

what is HDMI port for?

PramitP :

input from a compatible device

PramitP :

say a Bluray player

PramitP :

or a laptop with HDMI port

PramitP :

or a mobile phone with an HDMI port

PramitP :

you can connect these devices with the TV

JACUSTOMER-q0vc7o4j- :

ok

PramitP :

and it supports high Definition

JACUSTOMER-q0vc7o4j- :

thank you very much

JACUSTOMER-q0vc7o4j- :

you have been very helpfull

JACUSTOMER-q0vc7o4j- :

:)

PramitP :

it was my pleasure

PramitP :

Please click the green ACCEPT button if you like my help. Please DO NOT ACCEPT IF you wish to leave a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always appreciated

PramitP, Technician
Experience: Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University