Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

kp-51ws510 model sony rear projection tv. no picture or menu

Customer Question

kp-51ws510 model sony rear projection tv. no picture or menu .static sound when i change the channel. but when i hit adjust button the bullseye lights up and goes thru its mode and colors, is it the lamp bulb? something worse? is it worth fixing? manufactures date is 2004.
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-You get no menu, but it runs through the flash focus and you see the cross and colors on the screen?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, on all inputs. its had to change and try much more without a screen or menu options on screen