Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

model LN52A750 tv clicks but wont turn on. had capacitors replaced

Customer Question

model LN52A750 tv clicks but wont turn on. had capacitors replaced about 1 year ago. any idea what is bad?
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-It clicks over and over and over again?
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It' about 3.5 years old.It clicks once.
Thank you
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
What is the light on the front doing?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the light on. when u press pwr button it blinks once and clicks then light remains on.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
There are a couple of things that could cause this, unfortunately there is no reset for this television other than unplugging it. It will have an internal failure at this point. I will try to explain the possibilities the best I can.

First you could have bad capacitors again, it would be rare, but is possible. If this is the case you could be looking at somewhere around $225-$300 to fix the set. IF the power supply had to be replaced you could be looking at $350-400

Next could be the main board, this would not be good news because you could be looking at $400-500 for the repair

Lastly you could have a problem with the panel itself, this would mean a new set for sure because the part cost is more than a new set. The panel in your tv is about $1800 just for the part.

Any of these could cause your problem, but it will require troubleshooting to determine the exact cause of your problem. If you have experience, and test equipment and would like to attempt some troubleshooting I will be happy to assist you, however if you do not have equipment or experience then you would need a repairman at this time to get an exact diagnosis. I am sorry that I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, it is definitely an internal failure.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan